Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Don't Ask Don't Tell, Gays In The Military


This is a pretty controversial topic of whether gays should be allowed into the U.S Military. We all have our views. Before Clinton took over the white house Gays were not allowed in the service, Clinton kind of made a compromise with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. I guess what you don't know won't hurt you..........

But now with obama getting ready to take over, I wonder what the stance will be, he has already pushed the issue to the back burner and rightfully so, I definitely feel there are more important issues for him to handle, but then again I am not gay so, I could be just a tad bit insensitive.

Here's my take on the whole issue. I have known gay people in my life and they really are no different than anyone else, other than the fact they like to be with Men. Uhhhh okay let me see if I can explain this correctly. If you can get past the uncomfortableness of thinking about whether some homosexual is looking at your ass or is going to cup your genitals with his hand then you should have no problem

Because in reality, unless this individual just has some sort of personal problems, they are not going to do anything of the sort. I've never been disrespected by a homosexual or had any of my personal boundaries crossed. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not homophobic, and i think that any man who is sure of his own sexual preference won't be homophobic.



Log on, find a job and get to work.  SnagAJob


Now let's clear a few things up. I don't like to view two men kissing or being intimate, it freaks me out and makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like to see men dressed up or acting like women it also weirds me out, but a normal guy who is gay does not bother me.

I do understand however the argument however that it can cause disruption, because some people would not be able to handle it. Well I will say this the time for prejudices and discrimination will soon come to an end. There was a time when a white soldier would die before he sat in a fox hole next to a black man, and now a black (bi-racial) man is our commander in chief. If any one has a problem with that what do they have to do??? That's right suck it up, and pretty soon the same thing is going to have to go with working or serving your country beside a man who secretly thinks your cute Lol... Get over it and get used to it because whether we like it or not it is inevitable.

Bottom line, we have rules and regulations within our military, and being a homosexual does not grant them the right to break these rules, such as sexual harrassment and so forth. There are many beautiful women in the Air Force, and I would love to spank some sexy SSgt on the tush but rules and regulations protect her from that sort of treatment, and the sames rules will protect all you homophobic guys out there as well.

This is the world we live in, love it or leave it

No comments:

Post a Comment